Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Re-Fashion

I really love to wear embellished T-shirts, but they are somewhat pricey!  So I decided I could do my own embellishing.  I have several old shirts that I just don't wear anymore (as I referenced in a previous post) so I am using a few of them to re-fashion a couple of $5 shirts I found at Wal-Mart.  These Miley Cyrus/Max Azria t-shirts are a good shape and perfect for the summer.  Below you'll see the two shirts I used for this project.  The striped shirt is one I got from J Crew several years ago and I wore it through my pregnancies with Will and Sam, so it was stretched and deformed!


Next, I cut several flower shaped pieces out of the striped shirt.  They don't have to be perfect and they can be a variety of sizes.  Here's an example.


The next step takes a little bit of time and patience, but it's worth it for the finished product.  I hand sewed the flowers on like you would a button.  I just started with a few and kept adding them until it looked how I wanted it to look!  Here's the finished product.





Cute, huh!  I'd say the sewing took a couple of hours, but I just did it over a couple of evenings after the kids went to bed and I was catching up on my DVR!  So, head on over to Wal-Mart and get your $5 t-shirt and and design your own one-of-a-kind!  

8 comments:

  1. so cute! It turned out great! I am so impressed with all of your crafty skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute cute cute!!!! crazy cute, girl!!!

    my word verification is: monsti. i love those. seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it....wish you were here so you could make me one...miss you guys

    ReplyDelete

  4. My wife was so smooth at hiding her infidelity and I had no proof for months, I saw a recommendation about a Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating wife’s text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on her and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your wife is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him. thank you


    ReplyDelete