Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mod Podge Montage

Here's my first project to share.  The total cost for the two 11x14 montages was about $10.  But, if you already have the Mod Podge and Sealant, then it will be even cheaper.  Here are the items you'll need to do this project:


1. 11x14 Canvas. I got mine at Walmart in a 2-pack.  Follow this link for an even better deal.  http://www.amazon.com/11X14-CANVAS-PANEL-3-PACKAGE/dp/B0027AEBXI


2. Mod Podge and Clear Acrylic Sealant (and a of brush some sort to apply Mod Podge)




3. Scrapbook Paper Scraps (always save your scraps!)




To create your montage, cut scraps of the paper of all different shapes and sizes.  Apply Mod Podge to the back of the paper and stick it somewhere on the canvas.  Keep doing this until the canvas is covered!  Make sure to completely cover all of the edges and wrap it completely around to the back!





After it dries, apply an even, thin coat of Mod Podge all over the whole entire canvas.  Let it dry completely. Then take it outside and spray an even coat of the sealant. (I think I ended up doing 3 coats of sealant.)


Then....





Total project time: 1 hour


Happy Crafting! Aly

Shared this idea at:



Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! You are so crafty! And you know what? I always save my scrapbook paper scraps, but I've never seen such a good idea of what to do with them! Well, I don't think your blog is boring. I'm quite enthralled already. I'm going to do this craft for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the results up close and personal! They are beautiful- Aly take a picture of the boy's initials and the similar look- they are wonderful too.

    PS- Lazy you are not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Looking forward to reading your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, i do declare. love it aly! i need some canvas and paper scraps STAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! Great job
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete